Accessibility Standard Customer Service Plan
Providing Legal Services to People with Disabilities
Brattys LLP is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for clients with disabilities, such as: elevator, washroom, power outage, phone or internet service,
Brattys LLP will notify clients promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the main entrance to the building, next to the elevator, at the reception desk, on the washroom’s door or any other appropriate location, based on the type of service being interrupted. In the event of a phone service disruption, a notice will be placed on the firm’s website, as well as on a social media platform such as LinkedIn.
Brattys LLP will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Receptionist, Office Administrator, Law Clerks, Legal Assistants, Lawyers, Students-at-Law, Accounting Staff
This training will be provided to staff during the first week after hiring. A training booklet will be posted on the firm’s intranet, accessible to all employees for review.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Brattys LLP plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the wheelchair lifts, cane, walkers, automatic door openers, adjustable desks/workstations, and other equipment available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Brattys LLP services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Clients who wish to provide feedback on the way Brattys LLP provides services to people with disabilities can notify the firm verbally or in writing – by completing a pre-printed feedback form, which will be made available in a hard copy format - at reception, as well as in a soft copy format - on the firm’s website. All feedback can be directed to the Human Resources Department, at the contact provided below:
7501 Keele Street, Suite 200 Vaughan, Ontario L4K 1Y2
(905) 760-2600 ext. 324, Or email to: email@example.com
Notice of availability
Brattys LLP will notify the public that our policies are available upon request, by posting a notice in a designated area, at Reception Desk, as well as on the firm’s website, under an Accessibility/AODA Compliance Link.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Brattys LLP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.